The Joy of Food with Nicole Joy
This week, foodie Nicole Joy shares with us two of her favourite recipes - Vegan Burrito Bowl and Chocolate Brownies.
Vegan Burrito Bowl
- A little olive oil or coconut oil, to sauté onion
- 3/4 red onion, diced (leave the rest for the guacamole, below)
- 400g tin (1 1/4 cups) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin (1 1/4 cups) red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika powder
- 1/2 – 1 cup water, as needed
- 1-2 drops doTERRA Black Pepper essential oil
- Heat oil over a medium-high heat in large non-stick pan. Sauté onion until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. If onion is sticking too much, add water, 1 Tbsp at a time to help de-glaze.
- Add beans, tomatoes, garlic, salt, spices and water. Stir well and turn down to low and simmer, covered for 20 minutes. Keep checking to see if the mixture is not too dry – add a little water if needed. Add the black pepper essential oil to a teaspoon of extra-virgin olive oil and stir in when there is a few minutes left of cooking time.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/4 cup chopped cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 4 drops doTERRA lime essential oil
- 1/2 tsp fine sea salt
- Mash all ingredients until well combined. Set aside.
- Serve bean mix with brown rice, shredded lettuce, diced capsicum, corn chips, guac, this chipotle dressing, fresh lime juice and fresh coriander.
Gluten free & Dairy free
- 500g grated sweet potato (about 2 ½ cups)
- 2 whole eggs, lightly beaten
- ½ cup melted coconut oil, cooled
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup raw cacao powder, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 Tbsp coconut flour
- 50g dark choc chips or dark chocolate, chopped (choose dairy free if
- Preheat the oven to 180 C (360 F) and line a 9” square baking tin with non-stick baking paper. Alternatively you can use two 9” x 5” loaf tins
- Add sweet potato, eggs, coconut oil, maple syrup and vanilla to a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl, sift the cacao, baking powder and baking soda. Stir through the coconut flour.
- Add the cacao mixture to the sweet potato mixture and mix until well combined. Fold through the chocolate chunks.
- Pour into the prepared tins and bake for 30 minutes. Allow to cool in tin for at least an hour.
- ½ cup full fat coconut cream
- 100g dark chocolate of choice, chopped (choose dairy free if needed)
- Heat coconut cream to just before boiling point. Don’t allow it to bubble! Add the chocolate and stir until a nice glossy finish is achieved.
- You can serve this as a sauce or once spread onto brownies and set in the fridge it will be more like icing.
For more of Nicole's recipes, visit https://www.nicolejoyinspire.com
Violet dressed by Country Road, Yvette dressed by American Vintage from Janine Edwards.
Subscribe to the Pacific Fair Podcast on the Apple Store
or search for 'Pacific Fair' in your favourite podcast app.
Posted: 26/03/2018 6:10:30 PM by