There's no denying that Anzac biscuits are Australia's favourite biscuit! Whether you're team chewy or team crunchy, here's how to make these tasty homemade treats at home this Anzac Day to celebrate our National Day of Remembrance.
Coles Anzac Biscuit Recipe
- 1 cup (150g) plain flour
- ¾ cup (165g) caster sugar
- 1½ cups (135g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (75g) shredded coconut
- 125g butter, chopped
- ¼ cup (60ml) golden syrup
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tbs boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Combine the flour, sugar, oats and coconut in a medium bowl.
- Combine the butter, golden syrup, bicarbonate of soda and water in a medium saucepan over low heat. Cook for 2 mins or until the butter melts.
- Pour into the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls and place on the lined trays, allowing room for spreading. Flatten slightly.
- Bake for 12-15 mins or until golden brown. Set aside on the tray to cool completely.
Are you Team Chewy or Team Crunchy? Follow these simple swaps to make your perfect Anzac biscuits.
- For flat, crisp biscuits: Replace the caster sugar with brown sugar.
- For slightly chewy biscuits: Use half caster sugar and half brown sugar.
- For malty-tasting biscuits: Replace the caster sugar with raw sugar.