Perfect for the colder weather, this creamy, flavourful Pumpkin soup will warm you up from the inside out. Here's a recipe your family is guaranteed to love thanks to Le Creuset.
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup peeled and chopped apple
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups peeled and chopped pumpkin
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 slices soft white bread, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, plus more for garnish
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
For a limited time, enjoy 30% off all cookware in-store at Le Creuset, open daily on the Ground Floor near Zara.
- Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a cast iron soup pot set over medium heat. Add onion and carrot. Cook, while stirring, until onion is translucent. Add apple. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and a pinch of pepper. Stir to combine. Add pumpkin, rosemary sprig, bay leaf and chicken broth. Bring to a rapid simmer, stir, then cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 15 minutes or until squash is tender.
- While the soup is cooking, make croutons by melting remaining butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. The butter should foam, but not brown. Add cubed bread and cook, tossing frequently, until well browned on all sides. Season with minced rosemary and a pinch of salt. Toss a few more times in the pan, then set aside on a paper towel-lined plate until ready to serve.
- Remove the soup from the heat and puree with an immersion blender until smooth. Return to the stove over low heat and season with honey, paprika and 1 teaspoon salt. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed. Whisk together yogurt and lemon zest. Serve the soup drizzled with yogurt and topped with croutons and chopped rosemary.
For more delicious recipe ideas, visit Le Cresuet's website.