Want to know the secret to making your own playdough, which lasts for months? Here's a quick and easy no-cook playdough recipe the kids will love making these school holidays with a few household ingredients!
Available at Coles and Woolworths Pacific Fair
- 1/2 cup salt
- 2 cups plain flour
- 2 tbs cream of tartar
- 1 cup of boiling water
- 1 tbs oil (vegetable oil, coconut oil or olive oil)
- 3 drops of food colouring (or more depending on your preference of colour)
Hot Tip: If the Playdough is too sticky after step 4, simply add a touch more flour.
- In a large bowl, mid the flour, cream of tartar, oil and salt
- Pour the boiling water into a cup and add the food colouring to the boiling water
- Add the coloured water to the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until the playdough becomes a sticky consistency.
- Allow to cool, and store in a well-sealed plastic bag or container.
- Store in fridge inbetween use for a period of up to 6 months.