Join our FREE weekly Community Walking Group brought to you by the Heart Foundation, which runs every Thursday at 7.30am within a safe, accessible and air-conditioned environment.
Walk throughout the centre taking steps to a healthier lifestyle while making friendships along the way. You'll even receive a FREE coffee afterwards!
Our walking club is open to all ages and walkers are encouraged to walk at their own pace. Whether you are new to physical activity, bringing your pram or are recovering from a health issue, this club is for you.
WHEN: Every Thursday morning
DURATION: 30 – 45 minutes
MEETING POINT: Ground Floor, Concierge desk near Boost Juice
HOW TO JOIN
If you would like to join the Pacific Fair Community Walking Group CLICK HERE to register with the Heart Foundation Group.
Heart Foundation Walking
COVID-19 Safety Plan
While social distancing restrictions ease, it’s important for us all to continue playing our part to stop the spread of COVID-19.
Everyone participating in a Heart Foundation walk must:
- continue social distancing, keeping 1.5m distance from others.
- stay home if unwell e.g. fever, cough, runny nose, sore throat etc.
- seek testing for any COVID-19 symptoms and report a positive test result to the HFW team as soon as possible.
- practice good hand hygiene and cover coughs and sneezes.
- have their own water bottles, towels and personal items which will not be shared.
The Heart Foundation also encourages walkers to:
- download the COVIDSAFE app and use it at all times.
- get the annual flu (influenza) vaccination.
- bring own hand sanitiser to each walk and use pre, during and post the walk.
- talk to their doctor about whether rejoining the walks at this stage is appropriate for them, particularly if participants are vulnerable. This includes older walkers, and those with chronic health conditions.
Walk Organisers must:
- take an attendance log at each walk (for safety and contact tracing purposes).
- ensure all walkers are registered participants of the program.