Survival tips for shopping with kids
Does this sound like you? Most visits to the centre become a struggle with your young children and they cause a scene so often that you dread taking them. When you do shop; often you leave empty-handed in a rush to take them home. And trying to shop on Thursday night when the children are in bed is a struggle because you are so exhausted after a day with them.
Laura Kiln, a parenting expert draws on 20 years of working with children and parents to offer her shopping fast fixes.
• Feed the children before the shopping trip
• Pack drinks and healthy snacks
• Have a few distractions, for example small cars or animal figures that can fit in small hands
• Plan a break in the trip to visit the centre play area
• Use ‘when-then’; ‘When we have finished in this queues, then you can have your drink.’
• Make the most of centre child minding services
Laura Liln has plenty of information to help you out of a difficult situation. Visit stampout.com.au